The Global Entrepreneurship Congress was designed to build one highly interconnected and impactful ecosystem: a global community of entrepreneurs and those that support them.
It strengthens and connects local and national ecosystems venturing beyond simple matchmaking and deal flow to broker trust and collaboration.
The GEC also brings an astounding level of human capital and resources from 200+ countries to one place – connecting local entrepreneurs, investors, and ecosystem builders with their global counterparts to mobilise collective action.
As a result, GEC 2023:
- Deepens our understanding of new ways the world looks at the role of entrepreneurship in creating a more equitable, diverse and sustainable society.
- Spotlights the world’s highest performing startup, scale up and innovation programs.
- Leverages a common value creation culture to identify shared challenges and opportunities between innovation ecosystems.
- Enhances the institutional capacity of entrepreneur support programs through knowledge transfer and global connectivity.
- Identifies highly effective government policies to enhance the performance of its entrepreneurs, investors, and support systems.
- Enables cities and countries to precisely benchmark ecosystem performance by identifying important indicators and highlighting the latest data-driven efforts to measure growth.
- Provides a unique platform for entrepreneurs to promote their ideas, products, and services.
- Demonstrates the vibrancy of the local ecosystem and its potential as an innovation hub for the region and the world.
The Global Entrepreneurship Congress brings upwards of $30 million in economic value to the local economy in Victoria. It also leads to major legacy projects like 22 on Sloane, launched at GEC 2017 in Johannesburg and now the largest startup campus in Africa.
Real impact also lies in long-term developments that cities and countries experience many years after GEC delegates bring ideas and actionable intelligence back to their own communities and countries.